With the rise in popularity of medical marijuana and the acceptance and legalization of recreational use in many countries, it’s easy to see that marijuana isn’t going anywhere. For commercial growers that means that the demand for abundant, quality crops is greater than ever.  So how is it that these commercial growers are still make insanely expensive mistakes? Some sources say that marijuana has been around since 500 BC. That means that by 2018, of course, the commercial growth of marijuana has to have been perfected, right? Certainly the technology should be available to avoid losing crops? Actually, it is available.  Unfortunately, all commercial growers, worldwide, are still using antiquated grow systems. Let’s explore the horribly expensive mistakes that continue to be made!

#1 Clogging

The ever clogging misters in an aeroponic system.  Anyone who has ever used this type of grow system knows about this chronic problem. Plants need water to grow. We all know that.  However, if the grow system that you are currently using has misters to provide that water, beware! One mister clogging could ultimately lead to losing an entire crop.  Why? Because there is just no easy fix. The system will need torn apart to address that one issue. What would happen if there wasn’t a mister that could clog, so it wouldn’t need fixed either?

#2 Roots

We all base the health and viability of any plant by how pretty the plant is looking on the outside.  What we often fail to remember is the part we don’t see, the root. If that root isn’t doing well, then that plant isn’t nearly as healthy as it seems.  Or the health may be very short lived. In the current grow systems, roots can often “snuff” each other out. Meaning they will very literally kill each other, leading to a huge amount of crop loss or low quality yield.

#3 Mites and Bugs

Another culprit that leads to total crop loss.  Imagine one day having a beautiful crop of lush green marijuana.  Only to return the next day to realize that there will be no harvest or profit.  Your crop is infested and there is nothing you can do. Nothing. So often the soil that you are using comes to you already contaminated with these pests.  But the only alternative to that is an aeroponic or hydroponic system, right? Actually, there is a new grow system that is the best alternative.

#4 Time Consuming Maintenance

All growing requires some supervision and maintenance. However, are you really maximizing your profits if you have to pay for ridiculous amounts of time consuming maintenance and close supervision of your crops at every stage?  If you still think that the only way to commercially grow marijuana requires a huge amount of maintenance, we have good news for you!

#5 Size

In this case, size really does matter! In current commercial grow systems there just isn’t enough room for the plant or it’s root to reach the full potential.  Larger, longer, stronger roots produce larger, higher quality marijuana plants.If your profit is being limited by space because of the way your current grow system functions, you will be happy to know there is a solution!

It is hard to believe that many commercial marijuana growers accept and even “factor in” an average of 30% crop loss.  These 5 expensive mistakes are the reasons for that crop loss. Some may say, “Well, 30% isn’t horrible. That still leaves 70% of the crop, so that is pretty good, right?” Wrong. Let’s look at what that could really mean for a commercial grower.  You have a crop that is worth one million dollars. IF you don’t lose any of the crop and it is high quality. But if you are just happy with the status quo of losing the average 30%, then you have just lost out on $300,000. That’s a lot of “average”, “typical” money to leave on the table. Every. Single. Crop. What it if you add that up over five years at just 3 harvests per year? Then you are looking at an average loss of $4.5 million dollars. AVERAGE?  I don’t know about you, but to me that is a very expensive mistake to make.

With the rise in popularity of medical marijuana and the acceptance and legalization of recreational use in many countries, it’s easy to see that marijuana isn’t going anywhere. For commercial growers that means that the demand for abundant, quality crops is greater than ever.  So how is it that these commercial growers are still make insanely expensive mistakes? Some sources say that marijuana has been around since 500 BC. That means that by 2018, of course, the commercial growth of marijuana has to have been perfected, right? Certainly the technology should be available to avoid losing crops? Actually, it is available.  Unfortunately, all commercial growers, worldwide, are still using antiquated grow systems. Let’s explore the horribly expensive mistakes that continue to be made!

#1 Clogging

The ever clogging misters in an aeroponic system.  Anyone who has ever used this type of grow system knows about this chronic problem. Plants need water to grow. We all know that.  However, if the grow system that you are currently using has misters to provide that water, beware! One mister clogging could ultimately lead to losing an entire crop.  Why? Because there is just no easy fix. The system will need torn apart to address that one issue. What would happen if there wasn’t a mister that could clog, so it wouldn’t need fixed either?

#2 Roots

We all base the health and viability of any plant by how pretty the plant is looking on the outside.  What we often fail to remember is the part we don’t see, the root. If that root isn’t doing well, then that plant isn’t nearly as healthy as it seems.  Or the health may be very short lived. In the current grow systems, roots can often “snuff” each other out. Meaning they will very literally kill each other, leading to a huge amount of crop loss or low quality yield.

#3 Mites and Bugs

Another culprit that leads to total crop loss.  Imagine one day having a beautiful crop of lush green marijuana.  Only to return the next day to realize that there will be no harvest or profit.  Your crop is infested and there is nothing you can do. Nothing. So often the soil that you are using comes to you already contaminated with these pests.  But the only alternative to that is an aeroponic or hydroponic system, right? Actually, there is a new grow system that is the best alternative.

#4 Time Consuming Maintenance

All growing requires some supervision and maintenance. However, are you really maximizing your profits if you have to pay for ridiculous amounts of time consuming maintenance and close supervision of your crops at every stage?  If you still think that the only way to commercially grow marijuana requires a huge amount of maintenance, we have good news for you!

#5 Size

In this case, size really does matter! In current commercial grow systems there just isn’t enough room for the plant or it’s root to reach the full potential.  Larger, longer, stronger roots produce larger, higher quality marijuana plants.If your profit is being limited by space because of the way your current grow system functions, you will be happy to know there is a solution!

It is hard to believe that many commercial marijuana growers accept and even “factor in” an average of 30% crop loss.  These 5 expensive mistakes are the reasons for that crop loss. Some may say, “Well, 30% isn’t horrible. That still leaves 70% of the crop, so that is pretty good, right?” Wrong. Let’s look at what that could really mean for a commercial grower.  You have a crop that is worth one million dollars. IF you don’t lose any of the crop and it is high quality. But if you are just happy with the status quo of losing the average 30%, then you have just lost out on $300,000. That’s a lot of “average”, “typical” money to leave on the table. Every. Single. Crop. What it if you add that up over five years at just 3 harvests per year? Then you are looking at an average loss of $4.5 million dollars. AVERAGE?  I don’t know about you, but to me that is a very expensive mistake to make.